Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SHOW - July 19 @ The Horseshoe Tavern

The Davey Parker Radio Sound make their Horseshoe Tavern debut July 19th. Bucket list...yeah I think so. We are playing with none other than ELEANOR FRIEDBERGER from the Fiery Furnaces. Performing a number of cuts I imagine from her debut solo album. A couple other solid bands will be on the bill with us. Sleeper Agent from Kentucky!) and Vas Vega (Toronto - new band to us). And this shit is free. Aight.
















Fun Fact > first time I hit up the horshoe tavern was approx 1999. my concert going days hadn't really begun yet, so the horseshoe vibe kinda wasn't my thing. But with out of town high school buddies anything can happen. Paul suggested horseshoe, horseshoe, horsehose. I reluctantly said yes and found myself face to face with these fucking guys:















now there is probably somone out there who will say that 'no way gwar ever played the horseshoe'. perhaps that cat may be correct. doesnt change the fact that the first band i ever saw at the horseshoe looked like this.

safe to say i got the hell out of there, hit up gorilla monsoons next door and got my drunk on.


see you on July 19th at the horseshoe!!

jason

No comments:

Post a Comment